The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology invites applications for tenure-track faculty at the Assistant and Associate Professor level. Applicants should have an earned Ph.D. or equivalent. The School seeks individuals with outstanding potential for research achievement, and a strong aptitude and interest in undergraduate and graduate teaching. Related industry experience is desirable.
Exceptional candidates in all areas of electrical and computer engineering will be considered. Of particular interest are the following areas:
- Autonomy with particular focus on robotics and control theory. Application domains of special interest range from mobile, legged, humanoid and flying robotic systems to autonomous automotive systems.
- Bioengineering, with a focus on candidates committed to collaborations with other strengths on campus such as nanotechnology, instrumentation and wearable sensors, imaging, and neuroengineering.
- Computer engineering with focus on software and hardware, with application to systems security, software security, many-core systems, embedded/mobile platforms, high performance computing, resilient systems, non-conventional computing, hardware security, and cyber-physical systems.
- Electrical energy systems with emphasis on control, protection, automation, cyber-physical security, integration of renewables, reliability, and power electronics applications.
- Machine learning and data science. Domains of interest include theory and algorithms, imaging, physiological or biological sensing, and cellular or molecular engineering.
Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, curriculum vita, research and teaching statements, and names of three references electronically to the faculty positions website portal.
Review of applications will begin immediately. To receive full consideration, interested applicants should submit their materials before December 1, 2017.
Georgia Tech is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.