TMS Workshop: Foundation and Advanced Course
Following the success of our first TMS workshop earlier this year we are announcing two new TMS workshop courses for this summer.
The aim of these workshops is to provide participants with hands-on practical experience and knowledge of the basic principles of TMS and TMS research techniques.
Details of how to book and the cost will be released soon, but please register your interest now as the number of places will be strictly limited.
The Foundation Course run in collaboration with the Institute of Neurology at UCL, Queen Square, London from 15th-18th July covers:
- Basic principles of magnetic and electrical stimulation;
- Physiology of transcranial stimulation of the motor cortex;
- Insights into cortico-cortical connectivity;
- Basic principles of twin-coil TMS;
- Intra- and inter- hemispheric circuits activated by twin-coil TMS;
- Principles of TMS navigation;
- Research and clinical applications using TMS;
- Introduction to multi-modal applications.
The Advanced Course run in collaboration with Experimental Psychology at UCL, Chandler House, London from 19th-21st July covers:
- History of brain stimulation;
- Physiological basis of TMS;
- Experimental designs – MEP and virtual lesion paradigms;
- Discussion sessions on advanced applications;
- In-depth comparison to other neurological techniques;
- TMS safety and ethics;
- Grant writing.
Subject: TMS Workshops July 2016